Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mama

The other day my Mama read one of my blog posts and said she loved it. She loved it so much that she told me she was going to print it out and put it in her album...

There was a time when I would have thought this to be silly. It's such a "Mom" thing to do. I would have told her it was silly to keep such a thing in a picture album... And she would've explained that one day I would understand... One day when I become a Mother...

And I am now... And I do now... I understand all the little things she would keep and do that I would right off as silly.

It's all things us Mommys try desperately to do in order to stop the time our children take growing up... It happens so fast. It's wanting to remember all the times our babies made us proud... By putting it in our scrapbooks. It's wanting to take a picture every time we do anything or go anywhere... Because those are things/events we will want to look back on and remember.

We all so much want to remember every single detail... Every smile, giggle, expression, laugh, noise... Every vacation, holiday, graduation, birthday.. Every first step, first day, first word, first times... Every day, every hour, every moment spent spending time together.

Just to breathe it all in and remember it all... That is all us Mamas want.

And I used to not understand...

How much I could love a person.

Until I became a Mother.

Happy Mothers Day to all you Mothers... Especially one silly one... Who will hopefully print this out for her picture album.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Mothers Day! Being a mom kinda rocks

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABulous Darling... just like YOU! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

    ReplyDelete