Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

They Don't Call Me "Vegetarian" for Nothing

One day the Mr.'s Bro was over talking about how the animals we eat are being treated.  I've been a vegetarian ever since...well, kind of.  I still eat seafood so I guess I'm a semi vegetarian... which is actually called (I looked it up) a pescetarian.  Except they might still eat eggs and I don't... but that's not the point.  Anyway, the Mr. isn't taking this very seriously and it's been almost a week already! Last night he ordered Italian takeout from our favorite place and ordered our usual... mine happens to be a chopped salad with chicken.

Me - "Babe! You know I don't eat meat anymore!"

the Mr. - "Are you serious?"

Me - "Umm... helllooo. I haven't eaten meat in like 4 days."

the Mr. - "...stop being such a hippie."

Me - "Don't be jealous of my new lifestyle choice."

He then proceeded to tell me that I'm not allowed to call myself a vegetarian until I've been one for 30 days.  Fine.  I can do that.  Veggie patties taste just like burgers right?

6 comments:

  1. Being a veggie is a big decision I want to make but it's taking longer than I thought. Thanks for linking up to our weekend hop. Hope to see you next weekend. Wishing you a lovely week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining us on Welcome to the weekend blog hop,following back:)
    Hope you join in next Wednesday/Saturday?
    have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is something I have thought about doing as well, I am a new GFC follower from the weekend hop. Hope you will drop by and check out my blog at WV Stitcher. Have a fantastic Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there. I am following you back from the hop. Txs for the add! I am having my first giveaway tonight starting at 8 pm and would love for you to join. I am also on twitter @dentistmel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi - I'm a new follower from the Sunday hop. Good luck with the veggie - um pesca whatever you are doing. I respect your desire not to eat meat. I did it for a while but I ate too many carbs and gained too much weight. Have fun and stick with it.

    Dayna

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice post! I wish I can go meatless even for just a day.

    Thanks for following my blog, im following you back

    http://momdaughterstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete