Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

Everyone!


I went to the US Open of Surf today in an effort to embrace my company's culture and the "lifestyle" we represent.  Aka... You are strongly "ENCOURAGED" to go... as in... "You don't HAVE to go but you SHOULD... and by SHOULD we mean get your ass over there.  Anyhoo... I think I would have had a better chance embracing our culture if I was a girl 10 years younger than I am now. But I'm not. And I don't own a time machine. And I can't afford fancy anti aging creams with retinoids or placenta or whatever.... I'm just an overdressed lady in a sea of bikinis.

Sometimes I wish 20 something me would come back and bitch slap cranky old man me.  When did I become the person that suddenly HATES crowded places?... there's too many people and they're all in my way, ...grumble, grumble, grumble...  Why was I complaining that it was too hot outside... No shit, we're at the beach.  Young me started to get irritated with old me... But after a couple of mimosas we all got along.  Mimosas = happiness = mimosas for everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Honey I can totally relate I looked at my husband the other day ans said the very same thing when did I become such a grumpy old person. Hate crowds I now need a certain level of comfort to travel - shit like this just happens. Nothing like a glass of wine to make everything better.

    ReplyDelete