Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

They Don't Call Me "Survivor" for Nothing

The Chitlin had her very First Birthday last month!  Which also means....I survived my very first year of being a Mommy! Phew! Good Lord.... I was sure I was headed for a mental breakdown far worse than any of the most alcohol induced furies of my youth. These are some experiences and discoveries we made during our first year as a fam bam:
  • We can survive on 5 hours of sleep - but become "like a crazy natch the week before her period" on anything under 4.
  • The Mr. goes to the bathroom a lot - usually when the Chitlin is being fussy or shat her diaper
  • The Diaper Genie is super until the Chitlin started solid food - then it became a stank porta potty sitting in the corner of the room
  • A gym membership is not a family necessity - which is why I traded it in for a massage membership
  • Road trips over two hours are not suggested - because they make mommy go cray cray
  • We got an in-house laundry service - it's called me and I don't get paid
  • Hide yo keys, hide yo cell phone - cuz the Chitlin will find them and hide them for you
  • We like to smile at other families in restaurants - but we used to give them the hairy eyeball look
...and those were only tidbits of our first fam bam year! So many adventures in so little time...cheers to year #2 ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment