The Mr. told me I need to try and cook more. He would say this ALL. THE. TIME. So one day I thought, "Oh, what the hay...let's try this Suzy Homemaker shit out!" Ask and you shall receive. It was like he unleashed a cooking beast inside me that I never knew existed....and it was bad...it was ALL bad...and my sweet Mr. ate it all because he knew he had to. Here are some of my attempts at Master Chef-dom.
- Runny Egg Homemade Mac & Cheese - Was I even supposed to put egg in there?
- Burnt Brandy Sauce on Pork Chops - My timing was off on that one...my bad
- Super Salty Chicken Adobo - "Why am I so thirsty?"
- On Fuego Black Bean Soup - So spicy it'll make you sweat...and it did.
After all my attempts, I proudly have three solid recipes in my repertoire. I knew the Mr. was pleased right away because of the lack of leftovers. So without further adieu, here are my final three:
- Beef Stroganoff - His Mom's recipe because he called my version, "Different."
- Fiesta Tacos - Every ingredient found in a Mexican Restaurant all in the crock pot.
- Fiesta Chili - Fiesta Tacos with chicken broth
These are the meals I now rotate each week and the Mr. has stopped telling me to cook more. Guess "What's Cookin", tonight?